As many children do in the summer, children at the Harbor take a break from studying and participate in summer activities.
Following are some examples of the different programs and activities children from the Harbor get to do during a typical summer.
- Attend day and sleep away camp programs (Camp Allen, Camp Peniel, Eddie Gray Wetlands Center Camp, ExxonMobil Summer Science Camp)
- Participate in numerous parties hosted by local area churches
- Ride the Boardwalk Beast boat ride in Kemah
- Spend an evening at the Main Event in Webster hosted by a corporate sponsor that includes bowling, games, and a pizza party
- Participate in a surf day, including surfing lessons, in Galveston
- Enjoy a day at Pirates Bay Water Park in Baytown
- Cool off during several “water days” sponsored by various groups who brought inflatable bounce houses and water slides to the campus
- Swimming, bowling, movies, and picnics with cottage house parents
The highlight of each summer is the annual summer trip that is both fun and educational as the house parents and campus staff take the children on a special vacation before they return to school.